Michigan Sheep Producers Association Employment Application
Michigan Sheep Producers Association Executive Director Search
Applications are now open for the MSPA Executive Director position. The job description and application can be found on the MSPA website www.misheep.org and the MSPA Facebook page.
We will be accepting applications from April 1, 2020 through May 1, 2020.
Applications and resumes should be sent to Maury Kaercher electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee and interviews will be held in late June/early July 2020.
The selection committee will make a recommendation to the MSPA Board of Directors and the Board of Directors will vote on the recommendation prior to September 1, 2020.
The new Executive Director’s duties will begin September 1, 2020 and will include working with the outgoing Executive Director on the planning and execution of the MSPA Shepherd’s Weekend Symposium.
The Executive Director’s salary for 2020 will be $2,500.00.
The Executive Director’s salary for 2021 will be $9,000.00 with additional funding for travel expenses.
Click here to download a printable form, or complete the online form below.
Michigan Sheep Producer Association Executive Director Position Description
Michigan Sheep Producer Association
Executive Director Position Description
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Michigan Sheep Producers Association. This position is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Duties include communication, maintaining partnerships with key organizations, outreach and education for sheep producers, and promoting the Michigan sheep industry. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
This is a part-time position with a salary of up to $9,000 plus expenses.
Works closely with the Board of Directors to guide, support, and implement the mission and vision of the organization. (25%)
- Oversee and implement appropriate operations of the organization by preparing meeting agendas, notifying all board members of regular meetings and attending all board meetings.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the board in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Prepare the annual budget and work with the treasurer to ensure fiscal management of the approved budget while maximizing resource utilization and a positive financial position.
- Encourage and promote growth in MSPA along with increasing overall visibility of the organization.
- Support and assist with youth-oriented sheep related activities.
- Keep the board and membership apprised of all legislative and regulatory changes and developments.
Primary spokesperson for the Michigan Sheep Producers Associations’ to the membership, general public, associated organizations and industries, governmental agencies, and media. (25%)
- Oversee all forms of communication with association members
- Direct the development of a quarterly association newsletter and write an editorial for each newsletter.
- Manage all social media platforms including, but not limited to, the website and Facebook.
- Responsible for all news releases and media promotion.
Organize and facilitate annual Shepherds Weekend Symposium and any statewide sheep programs. (50%)
- Work with committee chairs to develop agenda.
- Manage logistics for location, registration, and guest speakers.
- Oversee the recruitment and logistics for the vendor area.
- Facilitate the banquet activities.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALITIES DESIRED
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to motivate others.
- A sincere desire to promote the Michigan Sheep industry.
- Effective communications in oral, written and digital forms including social media An understanding of the sheep industry and ability to discuss all aspects.
- Experience in collaborating and working with a Board of Directors.
- Solid organizational skills including planning and implementing program development.
- Proficient in technology
- Ability to be flexible to grow and adapt to change based on the association’s needs.
MICHIGAN SHEEP PRODUCER ASSOCIATION
The mission of the Michigan Sheep Producer’s Association is to provide a unified voice for the Michigan sheep industry and to make it possible for the Michigan sheep industry to be a part of a dynamic national industry. The association has been in place since 1952, serving well over 300 members today. Michigan’s sheep industry is diversified with shepherds raising sheep for commercial, purebred, and club lamb markets while promoting the consumption of lamb and use of wool to all consumers. Members are dedicated to raising sheep in an environmentally sustainable manner and developing our future leaders of the industry.